Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

That Moon

The moon hung
big and buttery and
close to the Earth.

It didn't say
anything
or try to mean
anything.

It was just
there
to tug
at the tides,

to give lovers
something
to make promises
upon,

to be witnessed.

I wanted to
pull over
and savor it,

but there was
a reason
I didn't,

something
I thought was
more important
to do.

So,
like a fool,
I pressed on.

I can't remember
why I passed
that moment by,

but I'll never
forget
that moon.

[This wasn't it, but it was like this.]


5 comments:

  1. What’s not to love about a buttery moon you tasted, but couldn’t take home? Mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those unforgettable moments we wish we had lingered over. I so love this poem! There was a moon like yours the other night - bewitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so incredibly alluring!!💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you defended the moon... and we can use it in ways we are not prepared for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the image of the moon as buttery. We all have those moments.

    ReplyDelete